Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Year 8 Leadership Camp!

Last week on Wednesday the 15th we went to Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp. The reason the year eights students got the opportunity to go on this camp was because it was all about leadership and learning what a true leader is. The whole 64 of us boarded 2 buses at the same time around quarter past nine.



After a hour and a half of travelling we finally arrive to our destination. As we all exit the bus yawning and stretching we remove our bags from the busses. As soon as Phil the man who runs the place introduced himself and the workers we finally got straight into it. We had our morning tea that was packed already in our backpacks. Next we got to play game in the indoor courts.

We then got to do activities the next day the first activity my group got to do was Archery, then flying fox, the third activity was Air Rifles, then we did paintball, the last activity we did was Go Karts. My favourite activity out of the 6 activities were Go Karts and Air Rifles. I really liked the Go Karts because I like driving and especially driving Go Karts when I was in the Go Kart I was also doing some mean drifts. The Air Rifles was also my favourite activity because I have never shot a Air Rifle before or put my hand on one. Another thing I really enjoyed about the camp was the delicious food Marcel the chef cooked. I also liked the people who worked their because they were friendly and kind.

One activity I didn’t like was the Paintball activity, I didn’t like this activity because it was with real paint balls but we had to shoot them with catapults. I also didn’t like this particular one because the balls were hard and I got shot in the face by accident then I didn’t feel like playing anymore. Another I was a little upset about was that I missed out on at least 2 activities that sounded fun. But the time I had at this camp was really fun. I would love to come back to this camp and try out the activities I missed out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment